We are looking for a junior to mid level digital media strategist within the News24 and Netwerk24 commercial team working closely with our Digital Strategist and Publishers. The successful candidate will be based in Randburg, Johannesburg. But working remotely for the time being.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist the digital strategist and publishing team to develop digital media strategies for client campaigns, including, but not limited to: display, video, sponsorships, rich media, native advertising, audience targeting, social ads, digital content and email campaigns to run on the News24 & Netwerk24 network of sites across mobile, web and app;
- Be involved from conception to execution of the campaigns, ensuring they deliver on the strategy and agreed upon KPIs;
- Liaise, consult and align with internal stakeholders including the sales, publishing, native, tech and design and Ad Ops team;
- Review and contribute to all digital campaign reporting working closely with Ad Ops to ensure accuracy and with the Digital Strategist to inform campaign recommendations and insights;
- Contribute to proposals and presentations for proactive work, client briefs, pitches and other commercial proposals;
What we need – qualifications and skills
- Marketing, digital or communications diploma/degree;
- 1 – 3 years experience in a digital media planning;
- Experience working in an agency environment;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communications skills;
- A creative eye and attention to detail;
- Passion for and knowledge of the digital landscape, trends and technology;
- Technical knowledge of digital campaigns and campaign reporting, incl. Google Data Studio;
- Strong work ethic with the ability to go above and beyond when required;
- Solution orientated, clear thinker with a strong analytical approach;
- Effective time and task management;
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and delegate/manage accordingly.
We really like positive, inquisitive and proactive people able to work collaboratively.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.