Media24’s Digital Media business includes several significant digital media platforms including: News24, South Africa’s leading online news and entertainment portal; and paid-for Afrikaans news and entertainment destination Netwerk24. The CEO: Digital Media reports to the CEO of Media24 and is based in Cape Town.
What the job involves:
- Leading and developing engineering, editorial, sales, product, marketing and data teams;
- Building an engineering-driven digital media business
- Driving digital innovation
- Developing and executing the strategy of the Digital Media business;
- Scaling online audiences, growing advertising revenue and driving conversion to registrations and paid-for subscriptions where relevant;
- Driving cross-segment publishing initiatives in collaboration with the News and Lifestyle divisions of Media24;
- Deepening the editorial offering, particularly around video and multimedia;
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities;
- Managing established businesses for maximum efficiency and driving innovation;
- Nurturing relationships with key clients (advertisers and agencies) and building strategic partnerships with industry peers and stakeholders;
- Driving the values and culture of our business.
What we are looking for:
- An excellent strategist with an in-depth understanding of the South African consumer market;
- An analyst who can assess market potential and business opportunities in South Africa and the rest of Africa;
- An innovator who can find new ways to monetise audiences and business opportunties;
- A leader who can grow and focus a team that executes on opportunities at speed; and
- A collaborator, who can build fruitful partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
You should be a qualified engineer with entrepreneurial flair, the ability to lead multi-functional, engineering-driven teams and a passion for media.