React-Native/Fullstack Mobile Developer (Mid to senior)
24.com Digital IT Devs
As a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services, and the largest media company in Southern Africa, we have a multitude of exciting projects which allow us to reach millions of users across various internet, mobile, application and interactive TV platforms. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities and would like to maintain this status by exploring the latest technology and working relevant projects. As such, we have an opening for a React Native/Full stack Mobile Developer to join the team in developing high profile, native apps at either our Cape Town or Johannesburg office.(Role can be remote).
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a young, dynamic, and multi-skilled team of developers and designers, as well as working closely with product owners to deliver sound, technical solutions based on the needs of the business and users, across the web and mobile space. Work and life balance is also incredibly important to us, so our fast-paced working environment is engineer-led, and we promote flexible working hours with an allowance for remote working. To stay relevant, we encourage our staff to attend tech events and offer paid-for upskill training.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Product Owners to deliver sound technical solutions based on the needs of the business.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences.
- Conduct research & do proof of concept.
- Perform unit testing.
- Estimate on development efforts.
Skills & Competencies:
- Solid experience of object-oriented programing and design.
- Understanding of User Interface Design and Visual Communication.
- Comfortable in working in small, fast-paced environment with increased amounts of responsibility and highly collaborative teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc or B-Tech in Computer Science / IT preferred, though not essential.
- 3+ years in Android mobile development.
- Must have React-native experience and knowledge
- Experience with XML, JSON, REST.
- Experience with Git.
- Web Service Design, C# & SQL (not essential).
Benefits of Working at Media 24:
- Remote working
- Department wide tech stack: From Android, iOS, and React native to .NET Core, Redis, ElasticSearch, SQL Server, Azure, and GCP.
- Part of the Naspers group!
- The opportunity to learn and grow: Naspers MyAcademy — including free access to selected
Udemy courses relevant to our tech and business.
- Opportunities for further study and skills development.
- Opportunities to attend relevant tech events, conferences and expos.
- Optional medical aid and flexible retirement funding.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.
Ingevolge Media24 se diensbillikheidsbeleid sal aan geskikte kandidate uit die aangewese groepe voorkeur gegee word.