24.com is looking for a Mid-Snr QA Engineer, to join their Publishing team, situated at the Media24 building on the foreshore, Cape Town.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a young, dynamic, multi-skilled team of iOS and Android Developers, UX Specialists, and Product Owners, in order to iteratively deliver sound technical solutions, with a focus on quality assurance, across a suite of 24.com apps.
- During grooming estimate test effort that includes the creation, review and execution of test-related activities.
- The primary objective would be to drive the testing process through development into production
- Work with agile team to write test cases/testing tasks for each story and create acceptance criteria.
- Regular test case reviews.
- Perform test execution in a fast paced environment while in the Agile Scrum environment.
- Log detailed bugs that surfaces during testing.
- Collaborate with Agile Scrum Team as needed to resolve problems and identify the root cause of product defects.
- Configuration of mobile devices for testing purposes.
- Send out test results report to communicating the state of the software.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of testing Native/Hybrid iOS and Android applications
- Proficient in MacOS X and Windows, the ability to efficiently use both operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Scrum Agile
- Ability to turn Product Requirements into test scenarios
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to work on own initiative (think on your feet)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly through self-learning
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written
- The ability to read Afrikaans (many of the sites are in Afrikaans, like Netnuus, Netwerk24, Sarie,Tuis,Huisgenoot, Landbou, Baba en Kleuter,Weg, etc )
- Process driven and task orientated.
- Able to utilize multiple testing techniques and types.
- Depending the type of bug that you have, perform risk analysis and reporting.
- Bonus: Has done proof of concept initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 4-6+ years QA experience in native/hybrid iOS and Android
- ISTQB CTFL (FOUNDATION LEVEL) certification obtained
- Experience in automation testing software, specifically related to Mobile application testing - native/hybrid iOS and Android.
- Excellent knowledge of using a Test Management tool.
- Excellent knowledge of using a Defect Tracking tool.
- Bonus: Scrum Agile Certificate
- Bonus: Achievements
- A market related salary (with various options to structuring your salary package)
- Flexible working hours (core hours are from 09:30 – 15:00)
- Free secure undercover parking
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.