.NET Developer Mid- Senior
24.com Digital IT Devs
Can be remote
24.com is hiring! As a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services,
and the largest media company in Southern Africa, we have a multitude of exciting projects which
allow us to reach millions of users across various internet, mobile, application and interactive TV platforms.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a young, dynamic, and multi-skilled
team of developers and designers, as well as working closely with product owners to deliver sound,
technical solutions based on the needs of the business and users, across the web and mobile space.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Developers, Designers and Product Owners to develop cutting edge products across the web and mobile space, using the 24.com platforms.
- Take the technical lead on larger, more complex projects.
- Drive low level solution design workshops with fellow team members during whiteboard sessions.
- Make a positive contribution to requirement workshops, or scrum events attended with a view on the broader needs of the group.
- Mentor, groom and knowledge share amongst team members.
- Assist and support Design, QA and the OPS teams during the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Develop enhancements and fix bugs on existing products.
- Perform Alpha Testing on all developments.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of responsibility are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to monitor your own activities and take corrective action where necessary.
- Ability to constructively help others in the team and by so doing raise team performance.
- Ability to work with others toward shared goals and meeting or exceeding them.
- Ability to easily share and exchange ideas.
- Flexible about working with new methodologies and technologies.
- Previous experience on scalable web sites with high traffic load
- Caching strategies
- Elastic search
- Cloud experience
- .NET Core
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, IT or Informatics preferred.
- 5+ years development experience working with ASP.NET and C#
- Understanding fundamental design patterns and principles (SOLID).
- Experience in RESTful API development.
- Client-side experience in HTML, CSS and SASS.
- Experience in MS SQL Server.
- Experience in source control (Git).
- Understanding of TDD.
Benefits of Working at Media 24:
- Flexible working hours - core office hours: 10am-3pm.
- Department wide tech stack: From Android, iOS, and React native to .NET Core, Redis, ElasticSearch, SQL Server, Azure, and GCP.
- Part of the Naspers group!
- The opportunity to learn and grow: Naspers MyAcademy — including free access to selected Udemy courses relevant to our tech and business.
- Opportunities for further study and skills development.
- Opportunities to attend relevant tech events, conferences and expos.
- Optional medical aid and flexible retirement funding.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.
Ingevolge Media24 se diensbillikheidsbeleid sal aan geskikte kandidate uit die aangewese groepe voorkeur gegee word.