24.com is hiring! We have a vacancy for an iOS Developer who has a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You’ll be working from our offices in Cape Town or Johannesburg. 24.com is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile, applications and interactive TV. Centered on News24, 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa's largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 6 million local Unique Browsers monthly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As an iOS Developer you will be part of a team that develops high profile mobile applications.
- You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a young, dynamic, multi-skilled team of Developers and Designers, working closely with Product Owners to deliver sound technical solutions based on the needs of the business, across the web and mobile space
- Conduct research & do proof of concepts
- Participate in software design (architecture)
- Take an active role in the design and roadmap for the next generation of our iOS application platform
- Estimate development tasks
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Create high quality, high performance, maintainable and robust solutions
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong experience in Swift (Objective-C beneficial but not mandatory)
- Strong experience in object and protocol-oriented programming
- Strong experience in MVC and MVVM architecture patterns
- Strong experience in Git
- Comfortable in working in small, fast-paced environment with increased amounts of responsibility and highly collaborative teams
- BSc or B-Tech in Computer Science / IT preferred
- 3+ years iOS development experience
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.